Document control is essential to an efficient quality management or compliance system. In growing organization a manual and paper-based process for managing policies and control documents takes too much time, is costly to operate and potentially prone to mistakes. With an increasing amount of documents such as a quality manual, procedures, project plans, industry codes-of-practice, compliance records or regulatory filings, customer specifications and drawings, an effective document control software system provides a framework for efficient revision control of these important documents and creates a secure structure where access can be restricted and data protected through encryption and regular back-ups.
The DocuTracker Document Control software system permits organizations to follow an automated approach to document control throughout the business. As an online web-based system it provides a central repository to store and organize documents. Integrated workflow tools are used to upload, review, approve, check-out, modify and access documents from any location around the world in a controlled way. Automatic email notifications ensure that tasks are communicated instantly. Integrated analytics and reports provide information on each document from birth until superseded by the next version and complete transparency into the system.
- Store important documents centrally, protect them through encryption and access them in a controlled way
- Speed up the review and approval workflow processes with documents moving from one step to the next automatically
- Restrict access to documents on the basis of functional, geographic or need to know basis
- Provide up-to-date data on document status with performance metrics
- Reduce compliance costs with electronic signatures, revision control and audit trails